Its just not right!!
I am scared!! Most of the time!! And by most of the things!! Don blame me!! The world is a scary place!! I can go on and repeat Kamal Hassans dialogue from the movie Thenali!! When there is a fight I wish I never was there!! And when I hear an ambulance sound, my heart sinks. When I hear of deaths, anyone for that sake, I feel depressed!! I runaway from the slightest commotion!! I don evn wanna hear about fights and stuff!!
So saying this, when I was returning home yesterday in an auto, and saw a BIG commotion, most probably some fight, u would of course expect me to jus shut my eyes till we passed thro. Exactly what I did.. Its jus that my auto driver was so concerned about the fight, he stopped to watch.. Then I happened to see 2 ppl get beaten by some 10 guys. The whole place was crowded with atleast a 100 to stop and watch but no1 cared to help.. I saw one guy who was gettin beaten drew some strength hit a few ppl, and ran out from there.. He was too fast.. But that left his compatriot to be thrashed.. My heart was racing.. I wished some cop wud come and all these will get sorted out.. Nothin happened next two mins.. Then a strange thing happened. I saw a guy holding a small baby in his hand trying to persuade ppl from hitting the lone man.. What was wrong with him..? These guys were drunk.. They dint seem to be sober enuf to listen to him and at any point of time he may get beaten up.. And the baby???
Somethin was happenin within me!! I ran out!! I tried to pull that man out there shouting at him.. Suddenly the guy who was gettin beaten up attepted an escape and ran past me.. I din think.. I seriously dint!! I jus went between him and the ppl who were chasing him thinking it'll give him an additional second.. It did give him a sec, but it wasn't enuf.. Some1 else caught him up nearby me.. By then I was into it and there was no turnin back.. I tried to resist a guy beating up the poor guy by blocking his shots.. Not exactly showing him that I was defending the guy but as if I was trying to get out of the place and am doin it in a self defense kinda of move!!
Suddenly I received a big blow at my back!! Guess they realized wat I was tryin to do!! I couldn't breathe.. It took me a few painful seconds to renew breathing.. I dint move but!! Maybe I was not able to move!! That changed things there!! Ppl immediately ran !! Ppl ran in to defend ME!! [Guess its gud to luk like a kid after all.. ;) ] The commotion got bigger and finally the police arrived.. The whole team split and ran everywr.. To my surprise [or shud i say shock] even the guy who was beaten up got up and ran away!! I just couldn't understand anythin!! My auto driver called me and asked me to jump in.. I walked slowly in and he started off..
The driver was smiling!! I asked him..
"What??".
When I was in bed, I wasnt sure if I had done the right thing or not!! What I did made a big difference there.. Evn if the police had not come, the beaten up guy would have managed to escape, bcoz the watching crowd got really upset when some1 hit me!! Of course Nobody knew I had willingly stopped in the middle. They all thought I was jus walkin by and it came upon me.!!
But I dint want to do that.. I only wanted to pull that idiot of a guy who was with the baby.. But even the beaten up guy was not some good guy that I can be proud evn if I had saved him.. Evn as he ran away he was shouting "All u ****** will pay for this!!".
I dint kno!! And worst was I couldn't believe I had done what I did.. But then if I see the truth, it wasn't me.. It was the guy with the baby.. He stepped in and so I did.. He was a lone man trying to stop drunk ppl from hurting some1 else.. I don kno if he knew he dint stand a chance!! That little thing really made a difference.. Or cud've..
That still leaves me thinking if what I did was right!! I dint kno!! I dint kno the man!! I dint kno I had courage to do that!! I dint kno it'd be that painful!! I dint kno!! But I can never stand by watch 10 ppl take on one man even if he was evil..
Its just not right!!
"Lord, Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service" - Rabindranath Tagore
ps : I am posting this coz I am so proud of what I did!! I did not runaway!!
2 comments:
ARE U CRAAAAAZYYYYYY !??
I DONT BELIEVE THIS !! DID U THINK OF UR MOTHER BEFORE JUMPING INTO THAT FIGHT???????????????
WEIRDO !! Take care !! :o
It took me sometime to believe, yes YOU might have done it :D !!
Nice of you to help that guy with baby, but stop taking such risks :| ..
Post a Comment