The Choice!!
We make a lot of choices everyday... Some easy... Some hard... Some clear... Some confusing... Some good... Some bad...
Say for example, today first when I got up, I had to choose between sleeping some more time and take the local transport or to get up early and take the company provided transport... Next I had to choose whether to take an auto and save time or take the bus and save money...
There may be hard ones too... But sooner or later we have to choose before we lose the chance and then events decide by themselves... But if you don't choose it yourself, you can be sure that you'll somehow regret it... you can take a bad decision and console yourself, but not taking it and leaving it to chance will be hard on you...When today I had to choose between the chance of missing the train taking the sub way and jumping tracks to catch the train, I was a little late and fate decided it... But, when I saw people, who were late and jumped tracks and took the train, and some even managed to run through the subway and caught it, I kind of regretted it...
Well, my point here is just that we make hundreds of decisions everyday or
even more. So now that I have lived for many long years, I should've chose
some billions of things!!
But there was this nightmare of a choice I was asked to make in my 7th Standard... It had haunted me for days... I never could do it... It took a lot to get it out of my head... Now, today morning, when I was travelling in train, this nightmare was back...
So as a faithful citizen, following Bharathiyar's saying 'Yaam petra inbam peruga ivvaiyagam' [Let the world receive the happiness I enjoy.], here am I writing this as a question...
There were two railway tracks, and a few children were playing on it... One was an unused track... The other was a live one... All the children were all playing on the live track... All but one... That kiddo had chosen the unused track to play... So these kids were too busy playing to notice that a fast train approaching them... The driver noticed them... It was too late to try and stop the train... There was a track switch ahead of him... Now he had a choice to make...
He can use the switch and change tracks to the unused one, killing just one child, or he should just carry on and leave three children dead on the tracks...
A very small time to make up a decision... What should he do..?
This was the question... Most of my friends back then said it was better for one child to die than three... Logically true... But I couldn't agree... If you see, that was the only kid who had chosen the unused track... Was his CHOICE wrong..? He had chosen safety... They said it was sacrifice he had to make... But THAT is not HIS choice now... Now it is the driver's choice... Can the driver choose to sacrifice some1 else? Some1 who had chosen the right thing..? But losing one child is of course better than losing three children... But does that one child in any way deserve It.?
If you were there. What would you choose..?
3 comments:
Good post.. I think all those little brats ( i know it sounds sweet, nevertheless) playing on the live ones need to meet the creator.. That other kid chose the right track ( Pun intended) and should be alive..
I would fly like a Super woman (now don't imagine those super woman costumes!!) & save the kid(s)!! lol :D
@Nebula : Oops!! I did!! ROFLOL!! :D
Post a Comment