Hit em back.. And wen u do, do it hard..
Hie all,
Well I'm back after a really really long time.. I was preparing another post which unfortunately has run out of a resource and i'm waiting for it..
Meanwhile let me quote u an incident that happened in the near past..
I went with "X" to a government office to register a particular flat to his name. I was sent there jus as a witness and also so that i can understand what the process is all about.
We went there at sometime around 11 in the morning, and I was surprised at the long queue and the crowd lurking there happily screaming, swearing, fighting etc etc.. I also went and joined at the end of the line while X went getting some forms.
:)
I was standing der 4 sum 15 mins and the line dint move an inch. Gettin a lil annoyed i asked the chap in front of me why it isn't moving.
He cooly said "First timer uh??".
The way i looked at him gave away my question.
:|
"Hmm.. Can see it.. The lady arrrived jus now and it'll take some time 4 her 2 settle down..".
"But doesn't that board say 10:00 to 17:00 is the wurkin hrs?? "
He looked at me a lil amused which really irritated me and started laughing slowly and then in giggles. He gave me a pat and dint even bother to reply me. I turned away really p***ed.
:(
After another 10 mins of waiting, a peon came and collected our forms and asked us to wait till our names were called.
[To myself] "Why not do that before itself? Urghh"
:-((
I saw som ppl giving him some money and he with a smile put their forms up on the top. If there is somethin that irritates me the most it is this.. BRIBE.. Evn b4 i cud swear loudly i saw Mr.X givin him some money..
:X
Couldn't say anythin. Was jus stunned. He looked at me and smiled
"Ithellaam kuduthaa thaan vela nadakkum. Illayna ingaiye ninnuttu irrukkanum.."
Hmmm. I ate it.. Hard to digest though..
:|
Suddenly again there was a big confusion inside. Every1 swearing at some1 or somethin.. Went closer to hear them.. Looks like the peon has lost the official Black pen.. Ppl were asking him to search for it later and finish the verification first.. But he seemed to be in a real fit.. I was actually enjoing it..
"Accept bribes, Do u? Serves u rite" I was saying to myself..
:)
He went to the Lady and spoke somethin.. She murmured sum swear words and b4 she finished one man next to me asked "Is this the pen?" The peon turned back, took a look at the pen and gave a sigh of relief.. He thanked him and went back to work.. I was a lil dissappointed at the turn of events so quickly.
:|
After some 10 mins of waiting, our names were called. We went to the Lady. She calculated the charges we were to pay, and told the amount. It was 13,500 /- "X" took the money in all thousands and paid her. She was done signing all the papers when she recieved the money. She got it and returned the change. Rs 200/-
WHAT?????
"I thought u said 13,500".. This was me...
The was a sudden hush there.. I could hear many gasps..
The Lady was cool in the way coz she immediately took her calculator and started calculating as if she had made a mistake.
"No its right." This was X. Then he gave a look and tried nudging me..
Un.. Unh.. Not this time..
"No!! I thought u said 13,5 rite??" Me to that Lady.. She took a final look at the calculator and said "Yes" And took 300/- and handed it.. Either she looked embarrassed or i jus imagined it..
Victory... :)
Momentarily.. :|
X jus pushed me back and handed the amount back to her mumbling some apologies.. B**** took it without a word.. X said "Chumma iruda. Onakku onnum theriyaadhu."
:(
When i was moving out i saw a smile on many faces and to interpret their faces blindly, it wud be "That was bold.. Really.."
:|
I waited for X near the door. As i was signing the documents, the Peon came up and asked me "Madam-ku kuduthuteengalaa?? Enakku???"
I immediately took my purse and started jingling the coins there.
:)
"Enna Kindalaa??"
*Smile* [Actualy controld laughter]
:D
"Nee veliya wait pannuda.." That was X..
He took his purse and i saw him patching another 50 onto the peons hand..
"You don think u can win them in the long run, do u??"
"I'll play my part still.."
"U cant da.. U can never outrun these parasites.. That is the way of life.. We are the hosts.."
We walked out.. I must've had a funny smile on my face coz X noted it and asked me wat I was smiling at. I jus said i'm glad to be out. He dint take my answer.
I wore that smile more proudly..
As he looked away, I took a Black pen from my pocket, gave it a look and threw in the dust bin nearby..
:)
1 comment:
Classic example of Bureaucracy and Red tape!
.. How about some Tamil translation next time ?! (Considering the non-Tamil speaking readers ?!)
;)
Post a Comment