Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Thunder Bolt




They say it strikes every man once at some point of time early in his youth.. How ridiculous.. I wonder which stupid philosopher said that.. No offence meant, but here am I, doin my second year Engineering.. 19 years.. Wat is it waiting for.. Why hasn't it striked me yet.. Some drunkards saying now has become a philosophy.. Wat is the world coming to..

This was before that journey.. I was travelling to coimbatore from chennai.. From home to college.. It was an express train.. Started at 1400 hrs and was supposed to reach the destination by some 2100 hrs.. I was at ease. Tho I had an unreserved ticket, I had a seat by the window.. Since it was an unreserved compartment, there was a crowd standing along the walkway.. I enjoy train journeys.. Specially by day.. I take it as a chance to see lots and lotsa places.. Most of em are beautiful.. When I hear people complain bout long journeys, I only pity them.. 'People who are too busy to stand and admire things'.. I heard a child never complains waiting for a bus or a train.. The child sees it as an oppurtunity to stand and admire.. [Someone said, "Oh yeah? Ask the childs parent"] Thats not our problem anyway..

The train passed thro some beautiful farms and hills.. As I saw the people workin there, I could not help but recite the W.Wordsworth's poem 'The Solitary Reaper'. I must have dozed of with my imaginations, coz when i woke up it was gettin dark and the sky was cloudy.. Might rain.. No use seeing outside anymore.. Interesting things happen inside.. People who travel by unreserved train tickets seldom get bored.. There is always some fun or the other brewing up.. Right then it was a lady fighting for her part of the seat.. Then it was a blind couple singing for alms.. Beautiful voice.. The crowd was getting thinner and thinner..

It was then.. When I was seeing around.. My eyes caught somethin between the crowd.. Two people were hiding the view but as they oscillated along with the train, there arose a small gap between them and i was able to see.. My eyes were fixed there..

I had nothing to do with unknown pretty girls.. Maybe except for admiring a few hair cuts.. A not-so-short boy-cut I considered, wud be the most beautiful for a girls head..

Was she having that hair style??
"Un unh.."

Or is she that cute looking??
"Hmm.. Maybe but i'm sure i have seen cuter faces than that.."

Then why the heck are u even looking at her??
"I dont kno.."

A sudden dawn of realization hit my head with a loud bang..

THE THUNDERBOLT

Oh!! So this is it.. Isn't it??
"Oh will u jus shut up and stop bothering me? Don feel like talkin rite now"


Time passed.. I dint kno how long i kept looking.. Must've been over a minute.. There was a sudden commotion there.. She hastily pulled down the window and looked out.. It was raining.. I looked to my left.. The rain had already washed my forearm clean and i never had felt it..


Wesley, U okay??
"I don kno"..

Jus then, I believe, she must have seen me looking at her thro the reflection in her window, coz she turned, looked at me and smiled..

Smiled?? SMILED??
"Okay okay.. I must've imagined it.. U need not go rubbing on it.."

The moment i sensed her turning toward me my eyes drifted in another direction, but not before meeting her eyes.. Jus for a moment.. Again my eyes went back there for another small eternity.. Must've been atleast some 15 mins.. My head felt so dull.. Suddenly, she got up and started packing her things..


"Oh no!! She's leaving!!"
Is she? Look where she is getting down..
"Oh!! Yes!! What station is it?? It says........ I'm not able to read.. Yes here.. It says Coi..........."

Suddenly I felt a big bang inside my head.. A real big bang..


Coimbatore??
"Thats what it says.. How can it be?"

My eyes run towards my watch..


21:10 hrs..
"WHAT????"

Start packing. Gotta get down.. NOW!!

Gud feelings all gone.. By the time i had packed my stuff, strapped the guitar to my shoulders and picked up the bags she was getting down.. I rushed out.. My Uncle was der by the door.. He helped me with the bags.. My eyes were running wild.. Too many people were rushing towards the Subway..

"Is that it..??"
Not realizing it was my Uncle who had spoken, I blindly replied.. "I hate it to be true but I guess thats it.." My Uncle chuckled, seeing the empty Pepsi bottle on my hand, he replied.. "Throw it.. Dont carry additional burdens.." I threw the bottle in the bin nearby.. But my head was breaking up for solutions to the two questions..

"Will it happen again?" "Will I see her again"


Ps: If u r that girl, I'm ur fan.. :)

10 comments:

Nebula said...

Nice way to look for ur (Dream)girl, who has not-so-short-boy-cut!!
:P

Ginu said...

Beware of Lightining strikes dude..with a broken hand already..dont think u can take this too...

Anonymous said...

hey this is interesting and nice. it is always refreshing to read back sweet memories and ;) funny mokkais too ;) ...
enaku idu un dream oh nu konjam sandhegama irukku :D kidding!!
that was really interesting one.. all the best to find tat girl ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you the same lean n thin guy ?!
i don't believe i've found U here !! :o

.. & Thanks !!
- "That" Girl :D

Wap said...

To Anonymous :

Hey Micky!!! I know its u..

Next time try a different handwriting.. :P

Anonymous said...

Who is Micky ??

Wap said...

To anonymous:
=============

Its a weird specimen.. :P

Anonymous said...

Are u really lean & thin..?? :P

Wap said...

Crap!!! Now don start it again.. I'm very plump and fat..

Anonymous said...

oh that was a nice joke "paul" :P
ROFLOL!!