Judge Not
Yesterday, I was kinda stressed early in the mornin.. Wasn't feeling well too.. The stress had gone to my head.. I badly needed a break.. Things were all going pretty wrong.. My head was goin in circles.. Thought it was high time I took a small time-out.. From everything.. Told my boss that I wasn't feelin well and took the day off.. On my way home I was thinkin of wat I'd do after I reach home.. I'll be alone.. I'll only feel miserable.. I then remembered how I used to beat breakdowns earlier..
I stopped by the games palace.. Went lookin for my favourite game cds.. Found two.. Took em.. But was still missing one.. There was nothing like commandos.. It wont leave u at peace for even a minute.. Will keep my mind occupied.. Thats exactly wat I wanted.. But it wasn't there.. Have to look for it in another shop.. Went to the price counter.. The prices have gone up.. When I tried to bargain, the shop keeper said I was tryin to rob him.. He said business is not good and ppl who come to him jus bargain him into a loss.. I jus paid him wat he asked for and left..
I entered another shop.. This one was similar and it had commandos.. The last copy he had.. Lucky me.. Wen I asked him the price it was half the price of wat I had paid in the last shop.. He had cheated me.. But jus the thought of me going to play all day consoled me..
I came out and was walkin to the bus stop.. Saw a friend of mine.. He was happy to see me.. I was too.. He asked me wat I ws doin outside ofc.. Told him I took a break and bought some games.. And also told him how I was cheated by the shop keeper.. He laughed.. It was not supposed to be funny.. He asked me wat the price was.. When I told him he laughed louder.. Looks like both of them have cheated me.. One cheated me double the rate and the other was a daylight robber and had got four times the cd were worth.. "How can u be so stupid.." It hurt me.. Badly..
He reminded me how my friends cheated me in the recent past jus for the fun of it.. It was a planned invasion.. He told me now he understood why they picked me.. I guess by the number of times this has happened to me they must've figured out I wouldn't mind another one or maybe that I became immune to it.. I actually swore within myself to never bother go see them again.. He was still laughing and I started to walk faster.. I hated him..
Jus then a small boy came by walkin beside a cycle and asked for help.. He had a punctured tyre and wanted to go to Mylapore and asked if I cud help him.. I gave him a 10rs note and showed the way to the nearest cycle repair shop.. He thanked with a smile and walked away.. I was feelin better.. Good deed for the day done sir.. :) But my friend couldn't believe wat I did.. He called me a jerk.. "You'll never learn da.. That small kid jus stole ur 10rs.. He'd be laughing back there now imaging how easily u fell for that.. They seem to kno u everywr.."
"You are SO dumb.." I couldn't take anymore... Wish I had jus sat in my office.. Atleast my computer doesn't cheat me and better.. It understands me..
Suddenly some thing hit me..
~~~~ Flash Back ~~~~
Back in my college.. It was the seventh interview I was attending.. In all the first six, I dint even make through the first round.. I deserved all but one.. I had lost confidence.. So as I was dressing up for the day, I dint even bother to get dressed in formals.. I was wearing a more-than-casual shirt.. ;) And was in a pair of jeans.. But things were different that day.. I was the only one from my college who had cleared the first round.. Felt too good to be true.. But then my placement officer, when he called my name, saw my dress and told me if I were not dressed in formals, he wouldn't allow me to attend the interview.. I dint kno wat to do.. Had to exchange the dress with my friend.. Luckily they fit. [It was really lucky, believe me considering how thin I was..] After the interview was over and when I came out, I called up my friend to ask where they were and they said they had left with the college bus.. My placement officer had asked them to leave after pondering over whether the entire bus had to stay for four hrs jus for me.. I was supposed to take the local bus.. Hmm.. Good.. I can also do some shopping before I get there.. Searched for my purse.. Shit!! It was in my pocket and is now with my friend.. He had carefully removed the contents of his pocket before handing it over to me.. I was too stupid to do it.. And how was I supposed to kno they'd leave.. Cant afford a taxi or an auto.. I couldn't believe this was happening to me.. I was in a strange college without even a rupee.. Had atleast 400rs balance in my mobile.. I jus had to ask the students there.. No other go.. It was begging that I had to do to be straight.. I approached some student and told him my problem.. He gave me a strange look. I understood.. It was such a shame.. Then I told him he can use my mobile and call any1 anywhere and talk for that 400rs jus for a 20rs in hand.. He laughed and said it was ok.. He dosesn't need it and he beleives me.. He gave me 20rs..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I told my friend this.. I laughed in the end.. THIS was supposed to be funny.. He dint.. I understood.. He got the message.. I felt better.. I dint bother bout the boy who jus took money from me.. If he was a fake, let him laugh all he wants.. Thats not gonna hurt me.. But if it was somethin he really needed and I dint give him? Thats gonna haunt me for days.. I felt relieved..
Went home played till my brains got tired and slept.. Next day when I woke up I was actually lookin forward for goin to office.. [Surprising]
2 comments:
What u ve said in the end is very true; the thought u ve helped someone makes u feel free-U ve done ur duty!! (doesnt matter whether he cheats u or not!) helping this guy giving away Rs.10 must ve been better than the thought of helping that shopkeeper's business..
Its really v nice to c ur other part of life..U r doing great WES.
There s no point in thinking abt others' opinion for each n every thin u do..
The wrds "Good deed for the day done sir" moved me....;)
Post a Comment